You might not think of your own home as a place to play sports, but a mounted basketball hoop in your living room can be the perfect addition to any home. If you are looking for a way to spice up your game on the court while playing inside, read on as this blog will get you started with some pointers and ideas.
Benefits of having a wall-mounted basketball hoop:
Having a wall mount basketball hoop in your home provides many benefits, including:
- Keeping your home gym organized and tidy
- Providing extra space for playing basketball
- Enabling you to practice your shot on different surfaces
- Making it easier to pick up a ball when you are playing by yourself or with friends
- Creating a fun environment for family game night
Image Source: Google
How to install a wall-mounted basketball hoop:
- Decide where you want the hoop to be installed. It is best if the hoop is close to a door so that you can easily enter and exit the court.
- Measure the height of the ceiling and multiply it by 2.5 to get the hoop's height.
- Purchase a wall mount kit from your local hardware store or online retailer. The kit will include all of the necessary hardware, instructions, and diagrams to complete the installation.
- Remove any existing wall coverings or paint that may be in the way of installing the hoop. If there are no existing coverings, you will need to purchase a primer and paint specifically for walls.
- Install the mounting brackets according to the instructions in the kit. The brackets should be placed at least 2 feet away from any framing members or studs in order to avoid damage during installation.